For nearly all working people in America, their career fulfills one other vital need: their income. Failure to receive the compensation to which you are legally entitled can be grounds for an unpaid wages claim.
Wage disputes are generally over violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act and the New Jersey Wage and Hour Law.
Some examples of wage disputes include:
- Misclassifying employees as independent contractors in order to avoid paying overtime. For more information on this topic read our blog post: Independent Contractors In NJ May Really Be Employees
- Failure to receive overtime for non-exempt employees. More about Overtime Litigation
- Failing to pay tipped employees as required under the law.
- Requiring employees to work off-the-clock
- Failure to compensate an employee for work-related activities, such as mandatory training sessions.
- Forcing an employee to work through his or her designated break time or while he or she is “off the clock.”
We Examine Every Detail of Your Case
By focusing on all facets of your employment relationships, we can accurately assess your legal rights and what economic damages you may have suffered. With this detail-oriented approach, we then bring a Complaint to the Court to fight for your rights.
You Need to Be Paid the Wages You Legally Deserve
The Sattiraju Law Firm, P.C. can help you get those wages. We are one of New York and New Jersey’s premier employment law firms. Wage and hour disputes are one of the many types of employment cases we take. When you work with our firm, you can be assured that we will provide you with the dedication and passion for justice that your case needs for a satisfying resolution.
New Jersey Wage Dispute Attorneys
Call Sattiraju Law Firm, P.C. today at 609-799-1266 to schedule your free legal consultation with a skilled wage and hour lawyer in New Jersey. We are available to meet with our clients in both New York and Princeton, New Jersey offices.