Harassment Cases In New Jersey & New York
As a member of the American workforce, you are entitled to a hostility-free work environment. That means that you should be able to expect to perform your job without facing harassment from your colleagues or supervisors. When harassment reaches the point of being so pervasive that you cannot perform your job duties, your workplace may be deemed to be a hostile work environment.
Examples of workplace harassment include:
- Derogatory comments about a legally protected category such as race, age, marital status, disability, religion, veteran status or sexual orientation;
- Requesting sexual favors in exchange for favorable treatment at work and other benefits;
- Isolating or alienating an individual by treating him or her markedly differently from other employees;
- Continually sabotaging an individual’s work or ability to perform his or her job duties uninterrupted; and
- Continually sending sexual or otherwise inappropriate emails, images, or messages to others in the office.
Do Not Tolerate Workplace Harassment
When you choose not to stand up for your right to a hostility-free work environment, you are choosing not only to make your own life and career more difficult, but also failing to take a stand for the thousands of other harassment victims. Be an example to your employer and show that you will not tolerate harassment and other discriminatory behavior.
We Can Advocate for You
As one of New Jersey and New York’s premier employment law firms, the team at the Sattiraju Law Firm, P.C. can provide you with the legal advice and representation your claim needs for success. We examine all facets of your experience to determine exactly who is at fault, every way you have suffered, and an appropriate settlement for your needs. Then, we work hard to reach that settlement. We are not afraid to take your case to court if that is what it needs to reach an adequate resolution.
New Jersey and New York Harassment Attorneys
Nobody should be subjected to harassment in the workplace. If you are a victim of harassment, stand up for your right to a hostility-free work environment and take action against your employer. The New Jersey and New York harassment attorneys at Sattiraju Law Firm, P.C., can help you with your claim. Call us today at 609-799-1266 to schedule your free legal consultation with a member of our firm. We care about workers’ rights and we will work hard to make sure your case reaches a satisfying resolution.